Here is a quick log of an experiment. vFabric tc Server is a Tomcat clone “Enterprise”-ified by the SpringSource now VMWare folks. It has hooks setup into their Hyperic Analysis tool that I’ve been meaning to look at for a while.
- Install tc Server – pretty easy with 60 day demo.
- Download and extract DS 10.1 SP1 (pre-patched) from OpenText KC
- Download and extract SQL JDBC 1.2
- Make sure you have a working SQL 2008 DB up and running. Make sure you create database users. For dev I always make sure to use SQL mixed mode as its much quicker to provision new users.
- Make sure you have license keys needed for install
- Kick off DS setup for 64-bit
- Pick Web Archive (.war) deployment
- Select region (America/Australia)
- Import license XML file (ah so much better than old copy and paste)
- Set target path (not the actual tc Server webapps yet)
- Set administrative user and pwd
- Pick your 1.2 sqljdbc.jar
- Enter credentials. If using a named instance with SQL Server edit the url and remove the :<%port%> host\instance;
- allow network access (if applicable)
- Use default db names or rename to hearts desire
- Next Next
- Wait to make sure Delivery Server Prepartion Completes- Last line should read “Initialisation- insert licenses”
- Next (if no sample projects) Next Next
- Done. with WAR creation.
- Stop tc Server if running
- Next stops parallel but not directly follow the manual for deploying WAR file
- Copy jar files into vfabric-tc-server\myserver\lib
- Copy WAR file into vfabric-tc-server\myserver\webapps
- Update vfabric-tc-server\myserver\bin\setenv.bat. Here is what I set my last 2 lines to hybridizing some of the rdesetenv.bat optional settings with the tc Server defaults
set JVM_OPTS=-Xmx512M -Xss192K -XX:MaxPermSize=128m
set JAVA_OPTS=%JVM_OPTS% %AGENT_PATHS% %JAVA_AGENTS% %JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH% -Duser.language=en -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -server -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
- Save and Start tc Server
- Login to <host>:<port>/cps/rde/iauth with your user and password.
- Do your own verification of functionality because this is as far as my experiment has gone thus far.