It’s arrived and there have been enablement webinars (available on KC 11.2 release, Mobile Editing Deep Dive) on this new editor experience. The feedback I and others hear from demonstrations are that many feel this is a better approach for editors. Frank Steffen mentioned on the latest call the features are growing for this mobile editor and supported browsers expanding past Chrome for desktop.
Are you using this yet? Do you need a demonstration?
Pairing this with a Responsive Web Design refresh will make your editors and end users on mobile devices happy. We’ve retrofitted a few existing sites with the new Xample project, the OpenText Services RWD Prebuilt Project and similar designs in less than 30 days. If you want OT to do this for you or just give you a kick start reach out.
The leaves are coming out, the flowers are in bloom, and OpenText Web Site Management (WSM) innovations on top of a refreshed core architecture are slated to roll out or have.
- Find out about a pre-built HTML5 Responsive Web Design implementation for WSM: http://www.solutionexchange.info/2064.htm
- SmartTree cross-browser & new public APIs in v11.1 – yes we listen to those ideas on Solution Exchange. # 1 & 2 items complete or on road map.
- Find out what’s in the soon to be released v11.1 and road map of new features through 2015 https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll?func=ll&objId=34146964&objAction=browse
- Watch Solution Exchange and Twitter for Manuel’s teasers of new features coming in v11.2 ( around Q4) like Tablet editing
- A new version of Portal Site Management is pending as well. With exciting possibilities with what SAP has done with SAP UI5, and mobile portal. That isn’t the same old grey and orange portal I started working with about a decade ago.
It’s an exciting time to work with OpenText WSM and more to come. Also enjoy seeing the EIM strategy taking hold in R&D and there are exciting new plans to come that could help out customers get much better Customer Experiences as well.
Want to learn more about WSM & RWD? There is an upcoming webinar from the WSM product team.
The OpenText Global Services team is about to release information on a pre-built WSM project that incorporates a Responsive Web Design on Solution Exchange. Some notes on the goals of that solution:
- Common Content Types
- Common UI Elements that support most sites needs
- Skinnable HTML5 Framework with an active community
- OpenText Global Services standard practices for navigation, project structure, and editor UX
- Launch a micro-site or start a site redesign faster
- Reduce initial setup time to get to greater value features faster
- Lower cost and risk than implementing WSM from scratch
There are number of partners, customers and of course OpenText Global Services working with Responsive Web Designs with WSM. Need help getting started reach out to your preferred integrator or OpenText for help. I’m looking forward to see more launches & relaunches in 2013.